St.Luke Respect Life Committee
Mission Statement: To help provide to the Parish ongoing support, information and useful aids relating to the Church’s teaching and practice on the sanctity of human life. This is to be carried out by:
- Networking with other local pro life organizations such as the Pregnancy Support Center (Portico), the county chapter of Tennessee Right to Life, and other parish-based respect-life groups around the Diocese to provide to St. Luke current information relevant to various pro life activities and initiatives.
- Planning and carrying out liturgical events in the parish with a sanctity of life theme.
- When appropriate, support political initiatives relevant to fostering the Church’s teaching on the life issues.
- Furnish and maintain pro life materials within the parish.
- Provide bulletin announcements with sanctity of life themes on a regular basis.
- Facilitate participation in other diocesan pro life functions such as Forty Days for Life or, state-wide, the Rally for Life or nationally, the March for Life.